Sunday, December 16, 2018

Sleep Debt

After a hectic week of hospital duty, meetings and appointments, I experienced a brief repose, granting myself a few days of vacation and family time.

Looking back on the week, I yawned and reminded myself the story of Monday coffee.

Every Monday, there is an offer of buy-one-get-one-free-coffee at my hospital’s convenience shop. I seldom miss this opportunity. I did that too last Monday. And then it hit me with a jolt: the sudden realization on Monday night that I had only savored one cup. Oh, I simply forgot the second cup once I was being distracted.

"C'mon. How can my day be so topsy-turvy?" I winced, then making the mental note to finish the left-over coffee the next day. Umm … do I have to tell you I simply forgot my coffee on Tuesday?

All right, I think this is how we reclaim our energy - overdraft first and pay back later.

No comments: