Sunday, December 23, 2018

Santa

It may seem strange, this whole idea of shopping for Christmas presents and wrapping them - but by just looking at the facial expressions of the recipients, one comes to realize that nothing comes close to the joy of giving out (and receiving) festive presents.

One of the great things about Christmas in my family is that my wife has been orchestrating the tree decoration and gift preparation. I have very little to worry. This is, I must admit, the usual question on my mind: will I be found guilty for not buying my wife any Christmas gift?

I then came across a news article from the Guardian tonight, and felt less guilty. Here's what it says. A nationwide poll suggested that British men will spend 11 hours over the Christmas period hiding away from their families. For that matter, I can't agree more with the tendency for men to "escape" the festivities. A woman was quoted to remark that she has no idea where her husband thinks all the presents magically appear from. "Maybe he still believes in Santa." I do.

No comments: