Saturday, June 13, 2020

Withdrawal

There are times in life when we encounter a setback that puts the kibosh on our habits. For me, a broken leg is one such hiccup to stop my running.

If my interruption in running is a crossword clue, the answer would be "cranky".

Withdrawal symptom isn't uncommon when we have to give up or quit something important. On the other hand - or other leg, I should say - running is a positive addiction which should never be mixed up with tobacco, cocaine or gambling.

But this is a life skill every bit as important as learning how to quit smoking, since directing my attention to other passion is the best way to heal my leg that was crushed. Let me also say that I am beyond grateful and privileged to have good chance that my bones will eventually heal. Sooner or later, I shall be ready to hit the road again.

Wait for me.

No comments: