Sunday, January 13, 2019

Exercise

Sometimes, we want a game that doesn't have to be taken too seriously. Sometimes, there is nothing quite as satisfying as having fun than winning.

It's exactly what our family did this Friday night. Three days ago, my wife bought a basketball. What better time to start exercising? I reminded myself to return home earlier, in order to head for the sports ground soon after dinner.

We discovered that the basketball field was too crowded to practice shooting. Our enthusiasm to exercise didn't slip, as we had plenty tips to get pumped to workout. We tried rope skipping exercise, basketball drills like air passes and bounce passes. Then jogging time around the running track. Or planking exercise. As I took part in what seemed like an athletics meet, I could not help but count my endorphins surge.

We stayed till eleven and, sadly, the basketball field remained occupied by die-hard basketball buffs. The upside was, by the time we had finished our exercises that late, most kids had gone home, leaving the adjacent playground all to my daughter.

"Yeah."

No comments: