Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Chairs

During this time of the year, we find ourselves going through the ritual of spring cleaning. Some of us wish to get our houses in shape for visits. Or simply a matter of embracing a new year with fresh beginning.

Chances are you'll clean out the old to make room for the new furniture, new calendar, new wardrobe collection, and new you.

And, to this end, I am grateful to have four dining chairs delivered from abroad last week - after what seemed like an eternity. We placed our order four months ago. Much as I love the new furniture, I must say that I love the timing of new chairs' arrival more. Timing wasn't everything. But it was a big thing.

All of which is not to say that I like the way we have new chairs at the beginning of a new year. The best part, it turned out, is buying the new chairs to replace worn-out ones now that my daughter is old enough to help me assemble them. Unpacking and reading the instruction with my daughter are simply the formula for family joy, second only to that of assembling new chairs together. We won't forget the laughter at my making mistakes - not too loudly please - and then the sense of satisfaction after putting the last pieces in place.

No comments: