Monday, January 31, 2022

Camping

After a full week of rebound in local coronavirus infections, I haven’t had time for running. All hours seemed to be taken up by the one objective of clearing the cases.

It’s not just a matter of keeping my head above water; I have to keep my head behind surgical respirator and, yes, face shield.

If I had a dollar for every time I don personal protective equipment, I could be dining at Four Seasons Hotel.

At long last, I have taken two days off for a family camping vacation. The air is colder here, but being in the outdoors lifts my spirits. It’s a pretty landscape, but not in an extravagant way. There is no Michelin star, but we were happy to be the chef ourselves. It's not about the five-star dining, it's not about the wine. It's not about the world-class gastronomic experience. It's about the raw experience of making and cracking open our own beggar's chicken in the wild.

No comments: