Saturday, January 15, 2022

Monk

Omicron is anything but blameworthy. I suppose that's what most of us think.

Little did I expect silver lining on such cloudy days, when things turn dark earlier than usual. Actually, everything, cafeteria and restaurants included.

Besides the curfew on dine-in services, many venues are closed. No bars. No karaoke roooms. No gyms. No swimming pools. No cinemas. No libraries. 

In my case, there was something quite magical about my clairvoyance to time my public library visit. I was able to check out more than ten library books one week before our government ordered all those premises to shut. I then took a deep breath, sipped my coffee and nodded, feeling accomplished like Chip 'n' Dale after stocking enough for the winter. It's simply more than awesome. Quite a number of the books have been reserved by others, and I could have had only two weeks to finish them if not because the library is closed.

Good, simple, hassle-free. I'd figure I should have more than enough time to go through all those highly popular books before the library re-opens: Jay Shetty's Think Like a Monk, Michael Lewis' The Premonition, Oprah Winfrey's What Happened to You?, Liane Moriarty's Apples Never Fall.

No comments: