Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday

Our days of parenthood have been inextricably linked with each other in our family. My daughter is growing up with two of us. If anything, I am the one who is away.

And then there are rare occasions, like this Sunday, when I am with Jasmine on my own.

What might we do when my wife was hiking with friends of hers? My daughter didn't hesitate in the least to suggest games at home. Her footwork needs downtime after weeks of hiking, I believe. That means indoor downtime and mental space to amuse ourselves. Where should we start? Here's what we did: a game called Nitro Type for typing speed competition, a strategy type guessing game Battleship, Scrabble, and new version of Jenga invented by two of us.

What more could we do? I still long for outdoor activity. Instead of hiking, my daughter agreed with the suggestion to ride our bikes along the seaside, burning off at least 400 calories.


No comments: