Wednesday, January 13, 2021

School

In the days after the tightening social restrictions, going to school became an exception rather than the rule, which doesn't make sense to me. 

Talk to the parents and you'll hear curse words about suspending face-to-face teaching. Listen to the students and you'll know how they long to go back to classrooms. A low incidence of severe coronavirus infection among schoolchildren without closing schools in Sweden, unfortunately, didn't seem to have allayed fears of the Education Bureau.

To stay calm and remain sane, we came up with an idea of hiking at the countryside near my daughter's school campus today. Thankfully, I've picked a sunny afternoon to take a half day off from work. My daughter was in seventh heaven when she found a tree to climb, reading a novel by J.K. Rowling on cloud nine.

Today, I have learned to trust my intuitions more.

No comments: