Sunday, December 8, 2019

Simple

Jogging along the Yangtze River, the Nanjing Olympic Sports Centre Stadium glinting in the sun, is what I believe to be one of the most uplifting experiences.

When I arrived at the conference venue, I mulled over the trail marked on the map and wanted to congratulate myself for bringing my sneakers. With that in mind, I checked the conference schedule and planned. I’d half expected myself to run wherever I travel, but alas, that didn’t happen this time. My lectures were spread on two different days and the conference started pretty early in the morning. I could not afford time to run.

Don’t get me wrong - I wished to run and truly believe in the flickers of the pure joy that runners get. I simply decided to stick to the conference as how rules are made. Much of it had to do with my original purpose of coming to Nanjing.

Being flexible remains the best recipe for joy. I told myself I would be happy as long as there’s a chance to sneak out for a quick walk during break.

That simple.

No comments: