Sunday, December 29, 2019

Cookies

Our children are living in the culture of playing digital games, which is so foreign to my generation. My daughter is a better video game player than me. Chances are your kids beat you in the sandbox game of "Minecraft" too.

Oh, how I would look like a nerd fumbling with the controller when my daughter watches my game going awry. If only I could negotiate a truce. But playing video games with children is a necessary part of parenting, too, so that's what I do now and then.

And wait, there's more. I'm not saying that I kept disappointing my daughter in all sorts of digital game. It depends what type of game  you're talking about. Whenever my daughter is playing a word scramble puzzle game "Word Cookies," she loves to grab me and play together. The good news is that, these days, Jasmine still gets fascinated by this puzzle game. Which doesn't sound so difficult for a nerd daddy. In fact, both of us love testing our brains swiping the alphabet cookies on a baking pan to form as many words as we can.

I guess I have to stop here, and go to write a letter of gratitude to the designer of "Word Cookies."

No comments: