Saturday, December 30, 2017

Log

If you happen to be a fan of the social media Goodreads, as I do, you are likely to become familiar with the Year in Books, a personalized infographic to showcase your reading journey near the end of each December.

In this light, the digital platform is similar to those fitness tracker apps that allow runners to log mileage. Readers keep record too, but check the log not so frequently. Yes, at most once a year. I read because I enjoy the experience of reading: the "mileage" of books finished is much less important than the mileage of running or pace. Too many of us remember too well our obsession with the numbers on our fitness trackers like Runkeeper apps or Garmin device.

One day, perhaps, I will learn to love running more than those numbers on my Runkeeper apps. As much as I enjoy reading.


No comments: