Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Dad Dates

It's true. Vice president should try to attend every council meeting. And yet I skipped a meeting tonight and I am glad I did. Oh, yes. Yes, I did that because I wanted to finish work slightly early to celebrate my daughter's birthday at the Disney theme park. I knew without a shadow of doubt that I should not use work as an excuse for not spending evening with my eight-year-old Jasmine.

We didn't stay at the park for long. After all, she has usual school day, and I long clinic day. But there is a magic about those two hours or so - the special times that we had together. In my experience, one of the simplest and yet most powerful ways for fathers to connect to their children is a piggyback ride. And what better way to navigate around the crowded park and enjoy the firework show?

You must, if you're a daddy, and especially if you have a lovely daughter, try this piggyback experience. How could you not?

No comments: