Sunday, February 4, 2024

Be the Bus

During my daughter's childhood days, I had been hardwired to borrow books from public library and read to her. With time, I borrowed books and read with her. As she gets older, my daughter picks her own reading materials.

Times have changed. These days, my brother and sister have been taking peek at my daughter's reading list to find books for themselves.

Now that she draws up her reading list, borrowing books has become a solitary endeavor or an activity for myself. Today I happened to find a humorus book by the author who told the story Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! That is Mo Willems, one of our favorite authors. It turns out, bringing the book home has allowed me to relive the experience of bookworm daddy. My daughter had her head buried in the book right after I brought it home.

I could barely contain my delight; it is one of the most rewarding experiences for me.

No comments: