Sunday, July 16, 2023

Goodreads

There is no right or wrong way to catalogue the books we have read, or to keep a running list of books we'd like to read.

It's sort of like personal habit of organizing clothes in the closet. Some keep the book list in their heads. My daughter used to draw a bookshelf in her notebook, and add one book after another. That's her hieroglyph system of pictorial writing book spines - not the book covers.

Keeping future reading list of books, as I have learned from educational consultant Phillip Done and reading expert Nancie Atwell, is authentic catalyst for strong readers. After I shared my habit of logging books digitally with my daughter this week, she became a big fan of Goodreads within seconds. She downloaded Goodreads and declared, "Impressive."

And it is. An impressive Facebook with books. And a social network which my daughter won't mind her dad to be follower.

No comments: