Saturday, July 22, 2023

Email

It's hard to say whether technology has made our lives easier or harder.

Email is one of the conundrums. Why does such communication technology make Yuval Noah Harari, author of his megahit Sapiens, lament over the illusion of progress in humanity?

Hasn't email make our lives more relaxed?

"Sadly not," Yuval wrote.

Now that I'm packing before my departure for my summer vacation, I don't struggle with what to bring but whether I should set up an "out-of-office" message. Yet such auto-reply is useless to resist hundreds of coomunications flooding my inbox. 

"We thought we were saving time; instead we revved up the treadmill of life to ten times its former speed and made our days more anixous and agitated."

I couldn't have agreed more with Yuval.  

No comments: