Saturday, January 28, 2023

Swing

With lesser and lesser pandemic restrictions, borders have reopened in many places around the world. Our family have longed to travel since three years ago. 

The silver lining of all the hiatus in luggage packing is that I have found my daughter grow up a great deal when we are on the road again. So, when we were taking Shinkansen bullet train from Narita Airport to our town, she did most of the luggage carrying and moving. I saw her preparing own luggage, bringing her diary and picking the snow gears. 

Without realising it at the time, I’d come to travel with an independent daughter, in large measure. It would take some time for a daddy to accept this. Before we headed back home this morning, I took my daughter to a playground near where we had been staying. Without anyone telling us to do so, we made a beeline to the swing. She quickly wiped clear the snow and enjoyed her swing. There’s something magical about swing in playground - jumping on the seat and riding high, for anyone with any age and of any race. As she stood up and asked me to push her, I felt like being on cloud nine. I’ve discovered that I still treasure the way a daddy can be serving the way one does for a toddler.

No comments: