Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Paddleboard

As I was going to take two days off for a family trip, the city logged more than seventy imported cases of malaria. Not an auspicious beginning.

Then, at one point, we had to cancel one of the kayak trips because of thunderstorm. One gratifying part about our holiday, however, is the chance to have a sunny day despite a looming tropical cyclone. We stayed in a lovely ocean-side resort which works out great for us, even when we are not beach people.

Okay, here’s a difference between me and my daughter. I couldn’t for the life of me to comprehend how to swim properly. My wife and I joined a beginner course of stand-up paddleboarding: our first sojourn on the board. Soon, two of us were in a state of physical exhaustion with sweat. Our daughter was chilling out near us, rowing, and had no inkling how we kept stumbling in a bizarre circle instead of heading in a straight line. In short, being clumsy.

Nevertheless, we enjoyed.

No comments: