Saturday, August 7, 2021

Mackesy

When my wife waited for the release of Harry Potter series previously, she didn't pause after each chapter once she got the new novel. The miracle happened more than twenty years later, when our daughter devoured the pages-turned-yellow handed-down novels avariciously. And I have to admit, she's tethered to the pages. So much so that I believe in a gene named Hogwarts-fans.

I wonder what it would be like to find a book that captures the shared attention of our whole family. Across all ages. A book that we rush to read and finish on the same day of borrowing from the library.
Ta-da! We've got one today.

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse.

Instead of chronicling three BFF like Harry, Hermione and Ron, this book is a warm journey of four fictional characters reminiscent of those on the yellow brick road.

Nothing beats the wisdom gleaned from the conversation of the foursome.

"Is your glass half empty or half full?" asked the mole.

"I think I'm grateful to have a glass," said the boy.

Well. I'm grateful to have a family of three, all queuing to read an inspiring picture book this evening.

No comments: