Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Ball

There are few tricks as strategic as "learned incompetence", by which a husband (mostly) is trying to escape sharing the work or chores.

I suppose that a small confession is in order before I go on. That’s me. I'm among one of those husbands.

School is back. If you want to know my contribution to preparing my daughter's new school term, I shall talk to you privately. If you're still curious about how much I help my daughter's studies, please be reminded of another term for my incompetence: strategic ball-dropping. If you drop the balls and your wife keeps picking them up, you'll learn to keep dropping them.

There's no reason why it has always to be the husband dropping the ball, or ducking. Inasmuch as I'm telling the truth, the answer should be my lack of shame.

Oh dear. 



No comments: