Sunday, July 26, 2020

Recover

Mention outdoor and all things positive comes to mind. I am to this day in gratitude to my wife who brings me to relax in countryside whenever I have a much-needed weekend break.

There's no better place to relax and recharge our mind than Mother Nature. Today, I came across a South China Morning Post article in which a certified forest therapy guide rhapsodized about being in nature as "incredibly healing," which indeed it is.

I have been stretching my capacity to work longer and be awake longer in the recent few months. At no time during my life had I wanted a weekend break so badly. I consoled myself with the idea that at least I didn't have to go back to hospital today.

"Why don't we enjoy the sun to the fullest while we can?" I asked my wife.

She stared at me, mouth agape. She paused for a few minutes and nodded. And that is the nature of my wife. Ask her for any favor, and she will make my dream come true. Even summer isn't the best time to go hiking, we brought sunscreen and big bottles of water to hike through a forested ravine with a series of wonderful waterfalls.

The healing power of the walk washed over me as soon as we hit the road. Recovery was instantaneous; the landscape just knocked me off my feet.

The effect was riveting.

No comments: