Friday, July 17, 2020

Hare

Library is closed. Dining out isn't allowed after six. Swimming pools and sports facilities have been suspended. The coronavirus outbreak has more or less put everything on pause, except the work in a hospital. Taking a break has been the wish of many doctors, much as it did for me last month after I had broken my leg.

I was finding solace in the slower pace of myself, when things are supposed to move slowly. I didn't want to admit that working and walking with one leg had tired me, but it had. It was while waiting for my bones to heal, with the sound of thump for every step I made last month, that I found the lowest figure of local infection.

Now that I'd checked my injured foot's x-ray, it seems like high time to get my life back on track. And yet, our community spread of the coronavirus has hit the record high this week. The only positive note is that, from now on, I am able to work harder with two legs.

No comments: