Friday, July 19, 2019

Slovenia

It's hard to imagine running in countries with magical landscape. Add to the temptation of photographs, throw in a few Instagramable castles and wayside villages, and it's clear to see why we resist lacing and tying running shoes on the road.

During my summer vacation with family this week, I confirmed that Croatia and Slovenia's scenic credentials are impeccable. As a bonus to the trip, I picked the hour with less promising weather to give myself an excuse to sneak in a jog and put in serious miles. That means an excuse not to bring my camera. An excuse to go solo for a self-indulgent experience.

The running experience turned out to be as memorable as the one with my camera and great shots. When I'd finished my run, I loved the country more than I had.

No comments: