Friday, July 5, 2019

Inspired

Be proud of who you are. Love yourself.

Right. That's what my nine-year-old reminds us. All embedded in nice handwritten notes.

Oh, and lest I forget.

Do your very best.

It's her summer holiday, and not ours. My daughter has much free time when we're at work. She designed a lovely box filled with those heart-warming notes.

It was such a joy to read and share quotes, and that's natural. We learn more from a simple sentence than a thesis. I happened to be reading Together is Better this evening. The quotes from this book never ceases to inspire me:

A boss has the title. A leader has the people.

When we are closed to ideas, what we hear is criticism. When we are open to criticism, what we get is advice.

A star wants to see himself rise to the top. A leader wants to see those around him become stars.

The mind can be convinced but the heart must be won.

When we tell people to do their jobs, we get workers. When we trust people to get the job done, we get leaders.

Faced with the inspiration from my daughter's treasure trove and that little book by Simon Sinek tonight, how could I be anything but grateful?

No comments: