Sunday, August 6, 2017

Newbie

Running during family vacation, too naff? Not always.

We runners pride ourselves on calling the activity itself an addiction, and rightly so. Which is exactly why I find it somewhat difficult to balance with the special time with my loved ones.

This summer, our family are having vacation in Germany and Switzerland, easily the most charming lands straight out of a picture book. Running on vacation should not take a bite out of the precious hours during this irresistible trip, I hear that little voice in the back of my head.

But luckily, things are easy to get around. And fast. I prepared my running clothes before bed and then got up really early next day. Off I go for running first thing in the morning. I didn't even have to pack my running shoes for my trip; I run with my usual footwear. Another advantage of being a newbie is the short running distance. I used to head back after 5 km. That's safe enough before I get lost in a foreign country - in case my GPS gets hiccups.

No comments: