Friday, June 9, 2017

Superdad

Father's Day is just around the corner.

The best celebration is my daughter's annual school event: Father's Day Challenge. A very special day. We dads can't go to children's school that often. That is a brilliant idea to bring daddies to have a challenging game with kids at school. Every time I joined this event I registered a nice jot of energy. Year after year after year, I kept my promise to join my daughter at school, feeling uplifted.

That also reminds me of a story book Superdad's Day Off.

The story of Superdad goes like this: the greatest superhero dad on the planet works six days a week. He saves the world from disasters and bad guys. Friday is his day off and he always spends it with his kid. By no means do I compare myself with superhero. It just so happens that Father's Day Challenge is scheduled on Friday every year. My Friday's off for this event, it turned out, has been often eventful. One year ago, that's a 19-year-old patient of mine with lung clogged up by blood clots. Alas, I diagnosed a serious cancer, Burkitt lymphoma, in my patient today when it's my Friday half day off to join Father's Day Challenge. Yes, a challenge. It is.

No comments: