Sunday, March 20, 2016

Ceremony

All of us see the world not as it is, but through our own glasses.

We won't pay equal attention to everything in our visual field. You notice this, but not that, and vice versa for your friend. A mother of twins may notice numerous double strollers; a man will find more Lamborghini around.

It was our medical student graduates' photo day yesterday. Our Vice Chancellor joined this event, as what he used to do before. This time, it turns out, is pretty different as his daughter is one of the classmates who graduate. It seems impossible for our professor to view the ceremony in the same way as what a proud daddy does.

I have been joining this event for many years, too. There hasn't been any big change, I've to say. The roast pigs have been cut more or less the same way. Champagne bottles are popped as usual. I tried to change this time. I didn't wear suit or gown. I dressed like a student and brought my own camera. I had chosen to take photographs for my students. Shrug off the professor-that-should-look-like feel and then I found ample reason to experience the joy of a medical student who is turning into a doctor. It was hard to say which of us was the more excited.

No comments: