Saturday, January 4, 2014

Candy

As mentioned few days ago, I found Ian McEwan's Sweet Tooth a breezy and good read.  If Candy Crush is enticing, Sweet Tooth is more entertaining. Oh, surely I exaggerate. But not much.

All right, I'm exaggerating because I never play Candy Crush.

It does seem an odd thing - it strikes me that this mobile game has been downloaded some 500 million times in the past year - that I have never spent one single minute on this popular gumdrop game. To be sure, the game has its own sweet tricks to get people hooked. Much as people with weakness should never try LSD or cannabis, I find it stupid to let a greedy toddler open a box of candy. Yes, I suppose I can't resist the temptation to keep renewing my lives in the Candy Crush game. To get around the sweet trick, I decided not to touch the candy at all.

And without strong mind to resist from getting addicted to Facebook or mobile games, I have never installed Facebook at my iPhone. So far, so good. Even with my recent addiction to Words with Friends, for example, I won't be able to play unless in front of my laptop computer. So far, this strategy works. So far.

No comments: