Thursday, December 15, 2011

Behave

A little one near the end of her toddler months is about learning to pick up new skills in her rapidly expanding world. Now, if you ask me, what's about growing up with a little child is that we learn to enjoy the world of freedom, making way for more relaxed interaction. But you can't do that if you're not looking through the kaleidoscope of children.

Take a minute - and maybe a deep breath too - and imagine a kid stomping on sand castle, wearing nappy and her smile. Of course, it's my little Jasmine. Soon after I posted her photo online, I was reminded that she wasn't wearing trousers. Oh please! Shouldn't I dress up my two-year-old in her Sunday best at the beach? I say to myself, "Okay, hmmm, let's remove that picture."

I found out more about how two-year-old should behave when I brought Jasmine to a church wedding ceremony. Even if she kept using an "inside" voice, others around me could hear a toddler babbling to herself. Is this a taboo to interrupt the sermon by toddler words like "happy" and "Simba"? No. It's a sin. Without much ado, I was scolded and taught a lesson by someone behind me. Finally, I left with Jasmine, puzzled by the question if it's the two-year-old or the guy behind who was talking with words inappropriate to the age.

No comments: