Sunday, January 24, 2010

Report Card

I talked earlier about resetting my thermostat during university days. But it was before my primary school graduation when I realized for the first time in my life that I was capable of pressing the amazing reset button.

Looking back on my primary school days, I don't recall much except my mediocre academic performance; I just know I always ranked more than ten in my class. At any rate, I remembered the soccer league tables far better than what the teachers said during the class.

Then one afternoon in my final year, out of nowhere it crossed my mind to feel that the odds of getting a perfect report card were almost zero. I could only take that last chance before leaving my primary school. I am not quite sure how I did it, except that I fell sick before the final year examination. Still, I managed to reset and rise to the top among all the eight classes in that year.

If I were to give a slide show of the next six years in my secondary school, it would begin with my report card. I brought home a report card ranking me the first in the class nearly every time through secondary school.

I felt changed and reset, and a little weird. I know.

1 comment:

f2b said...

That brings back memory. You are always the guy to beat in high school. Sadly no one able to pull it off. Not even in a single subject.

What is your secret? I want to press that reset button:)