Saturday, December 19, 2009

Colic

Preparedness is no laughing matter. It's real. Just when I think I've read up and prepped myself on a subject, the real thing will happen exactly.

To give you a little bit of the idea, I would say it's just like looking into a crystal ball. I believed that I should take a good look at Dr. Spook's Baby and Child Care yesterday; I then read the advice how to nurse and breast-feed a baby when the mother is ill. This made me feel like I was already in control of it. I was less scared after being told, to be sure, there is a chance of the baby's catching the ailment, but this would be true even if the infant weren't being nursed. I can rest assured that babies on average have milder colds than other members of the family because they received many antibodies from their mothers before birth.

I told my wife all about this. Then the real story unveiled itself last night; my wife caught some bad virus and began to throw herself up. She moaned. No, she grimaced as she continued to feed our baby. Ugh! Colic is much less a problem for our baby. It's her mother who got into nasty colic. Her stomach was in knots. Oh, my. That's exactly what I had been told. I know.

2 comments:

CC Szeto said...

Aiya, take good care. How's Miu getting on ?

Edmond Chow said...

Hope Miu will get well soon.
Take care.