Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Buying

Many a time while going shopping, I would ask my wife what's the purpose of buying a new thing. Without a doubt, finding the reason to spend money on anything new is the most challenging test a man will ever face.

After nine months of witnessing my wife's ever-growing belly to be a full-fledged baby, it began to dawn on me that I might not be as good as my wife in buying the right stuff.

Oh, sure, I hadn't thought of any good reasons when my wife previously bought all kinds of pillows and cushions – not until the pregnancy Olympics kick-started. I then saw her juggling the pillows and cushions to sleep through the night during her last trimester, to accommodate the gymnastics routine of our new baby during breastfeeding. I must confess the shame I feel when I had the eye-opening demonstration of versatile cushions.

In much the same vein, I could never understand why my wife bought me that many T-shirts. T-shirts are downright durable. Why should I have so many of them when one T-shirt seems to last forever? It isn't easy to find out why until I looked at her bigger and bigger tummy. Each and every day I would see her wearing my comfy T-shirts – lots to pick from my wardrobe.

No comments: