Thursday, September 28, 2023

Birthday

A day away to escape the city during birthday is fun.

This year I have been blessed with good weather to enjoy my birthday hike in Section 2 of the MacLehose Trail. That's a coastal hike renowned for beach view from the slope with zigzag paths, majestic view of conical Sharp Peak, rickety-rackety footbridge at Ham Tin, and abandoned village of Chek Keng.

During the hike, I didn't set aside too much time for taking pictures, but it can always be relaxing to match photography with travel. At first glance, you might think photographing while traveling is not the same as traveling to photograph. The joy of bringing a camera has, however, been a second nature of mine. Many photo shooting opportunities emerged spontaneously as I walked on the east coast of the Sai Kung Peninsula.

In the end, I was rewarded with the joy of photographing and the joy of hiking, and that of celebrating my birthday in nature.

No comments: