Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Fever

For some reason that I don’t understand, it has continued to bother me to think of my passing a virus to my family. I kept thinking: Stay away from your beloved ones when you’re sick.

During my recent Krabi trip in Thailand, I kicked up a fever on the day of arrival. These days a high temperature is a little horrifying, isn’t it?

My minds started racing. I had no idea how I was going to protect my family if we were staying together in a hotel room. My wife was more empathetic and keen to look after me.

“We could have been infected by now if you’re having the coronavirus. Don’t worry. All that matters is that you’re getting better.”

I slept and leaned out of my bed to keep a safe distance.

I waited for the symptoms to come up for me to check. Sore throat: nil. Loss of taste or smell: crossed out. Cough: not much. I put on my mask.

I managed to go kayaking - slowly - and then recovered without knowing what the heck that germ is.

For that, I thank my wife.

No comments: