Saturday, November 19, 2022

Textrovert

Too low vocabulary to say what you mean? No such thing. We can make up words.

The idea to create word from scratch may not sound like our traditional way of learning English - but the power of new words should not be discounted.

I was in for a big surprise when my daughter told me yesterday how the teacher gave them a lesson to craft DIY words. Her class has come up with new words. They are interesting. So interesting, in fact, that I decide to jot down here.

It isn't too difficult to imagine how one can be nervousxcited before joining a summer camp. And I'm sure you know what is meant by impendoom when you sit for an examination unprepared.

One of the most inspiring examples of neologisms from her class, if I am to vote, is the term textrovert. What could be better word than this one to describe those who keep texting instead of face-to-face conversation?

No comments: