Sunday, July 3, 2022

Anthony

Switching back and forth, as any neuroscientist will tell us, is not efficient. I'm biased and like to multitask, but that doesn't make it less true.

Absurd as it may sound, I'm typically reading four or five books at once. For novel, I tend to read one at a time. Right now I'm reading Love Anthony. That's a two-fold story about two characters whose lives intersect. Two mothers, one of whom raised a boy with autism. A boy named Anthony, who doesn't speak. A boy who loves the number three. Always three. No more or less. Three French toast stick. Three Pig story. Three blind mice.

For people like me who has spent years doing not three things but four or five things at once, the book is not too difficult. I simply adjust my brain to read the stories of two mothers. Now, having said that, when it comes to connecting two characters, I must agree that I'm lucky not to suffer from or struggle with autism. Otherwise, it'll be hardly possible for me to get connected.

No comments: