Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Hair-Raising

Can you believe I finished reading Christopher McDougall's book (okay, second half of the book) at Ocean Park?

I did so today.

I spent two hours standing because the queue for roller coaster ride was incorrigibly long in the theme park. But, as my daughter puts it, our time spent queuing is worth it. Two of us had front-row seat, thrill-charged experience of Hong Kong's fastest roller coaster Hair Raiser.

Being truly honest, I am not a big fan of thrill rides.

This time, though, was different. I knew this is the first time my daughter is tall enough (more than 140 cm) to scream her heart out at the floorless roller coaster. I knew that she had looked forward to the experience. You never know. Nobody can tell when his daughter is going to choose her twist-and-dive trip with another alpha male. So, hold on tight, I told myself, and enjoy as much as I can.

No comments: