Friday, December 4, 2020

Eleven

The decision to have a child is momentous, according to educator Elizabeth Stone. "It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body," she says.

That's the best decision we have had more than ten years ago. My daughter turns eleven tomorrow.

If, like me, you have taken on the lifetime responsibility of loving children, you will agree wholeheartedly with the beautiful quote about parenthood.

There's plenty of smiling moments with bringing up a child. I’m still amazed - and grateful - to find the sweet memory's time capsule: how a kid grows up, what a kid has changed, and when we find ourselves changed as well. And really, the journey is far more fun than I could have imagined. Those were the days when I bought stickers to keep my toddler occupied and fascinated. Fast-forward to now, when, interestingly, she returns me bunches of stickers - creative ones via WhatsApp!

No comments: