Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Trophy

All parents (okay, almost all) go out of their way to expose their kids to certain experiences and to teach them the corresponding etiquette.

Soccer fans have their kids dressed in Manchester City or Liverpool jerseys watching Premier League matches. Video game gurus engage their kids with Roblox, Minecraft, and Fortnite adventures. Those interested in cookery use food as a teaching tool.

Here's what I am expert in: buy or check out a book from library to bring home. Tada! My daughter's face will then be totally buried in the book. Her mind will be so absorbed in the book so tight that she won't eat, sleep or pee. Ah, that is more rewarding than catching a huge bass.

The way a daughter loves reading is a bookworm daddy's trophy. When my daughter was hooked on Raina Telgemeier's new story book Guts the minute I brought it home, I knew I won another trophy tonight.

No comments: