Sunday, April 21, 2019

Cycling

Nothing beats the freedom of getting behind the handlebars, whistling, pedaling on the open road. Well, nothing except pairing that adventure with the perfect scenic road.

A highlight of our recent Hiroshima trip is an amazing cycling experience along the Setouchi Shimanami Kaidō, a route featured by CNN as one of the top seven cycling spots in the world.

Not only does the route have instant "wow" factor, courtesy of its long suspension bridge across stunning coastline view, but it also boasts a bewildering range of stops, through towns and villages, past citrus groves and hitting a few long, thigh-burning inclines.

Think about the feat of cycling with a nine-year-old and you'll soon be humming tunes from the Disney song "How Far I'll Go" from the film Moana.

Every turn I take
Every trail I track
Every path I make
Every road leads back to the place I know
Where I cannot go
Where I long to be.

No comments: