Saturday, March 16, 2019

Choice

I am sure there are days when you come home late, when everyone is asleep. There is no easy way around this, aside from thinking of another occasion to reconnect. Rightly so: it isn’t easy.

Whew. Looking back, I find it hard to believe I had the first week of this month without a single chance to have dinner with family.

You read that right. I wasn’t able to go home for dinner for one whole week.

I felt my guilt. The hectic week before has taught me to be more sensitive to the personal life and family life. I’ve promised myself: There isn’t an excuse to leave my family without good reason. In turn, I’ve opted to skip a transplant infectious disease conference today. I don’t think it’s too bad a choice when I could spend a weekend afternoon outdoor with my wife and daughter. I just knew that I'd found out something more important than sitting in a lecture hall.

No comments: