Saturday, May 26, 2018

Run

When it comes to attending overseas conference, I'm basically a philistine butt-in-chair nerd. But here at Copenhagen - where I joined a four-day meeting in the field of kidney disease - the city is so attractive that it's called the world's most livable one.

One of the biggest temptations is the urge to sneak out and discover the city, unlocking the recipe for the Danes being ranked the world's most contented people. I'm lucky to learn about the official 5-km running race as part of the conference activity. That being the case, my running away from the lectures would seem to be more legitimate.

I joined the run without second thought. How can I resist it? Copenhagen, I'd been told, is a great city to be explored in a pair of running shoes. The running route, just a stone's throw away from the conference venue, turns out to be one of the most scenic ones in this capital city. Immediately after crossing the finish line, I told myself, "I better make sure to wake up an hour earlier tomorrow and come back to have another lap. An absolute must."

No comments: