Sunday, July 16, 2017

Va-va-voom

I'd never described myself as a sportsman in any sense. To tell the truth, I seldom do exercise (if you don't count rushing between seeing patients in hospital). One of my favorite activities when my wife and daughter go swimming on Sunday, for example, is poolside reading.

I can't believe I would change my mind and start running. That was one month ago. By now I've got more than 100-odd kilometres of mileage. The feeling of running outside, sun on the face, sweat in my hair, is second to none. Sweat is the sign of a good run. The more I sweat, the more my spirits are revved up. It's no exaggeration to call sweating my baptism to running.

Which brings me to the fascinating way of healing the soul by running. I'm really not sure how it does it. You will simply be delighting in how wet you're. Yes, running outdoors, curious as it may seem, with sweating truly does the job of healing.

No comments: