Sunday, January 8, 2017

Hygge

Today I learned about a recommended book on Goodreads Newsletter titled "The Little Book of Hygge."

I haven't read the book from Danish author, and had no idea of the foreign word "hygge" before. After a few tabs on search machine, I realized that this mysterious term hygge originated from a Norwegian word, referring to the feeling that comes from seeing a rich variety of colours where other people would just see blue or grey.

Oh, that's something worth exploring, I thought. After that, I left the word aside and took my daughter to play. I didn't find a child playmate this afternoon. So, I became my daughter's. Interestingly, seeing - and joining - a child play could in fact be a breadcrumb trail into discovering happiness. I didn't have to invent games. She did. In every conceivable way - again and again and again. She's creative. More creative than I am, certainly. That's a child's way of finding hygge, I suppose.

No comments: