Thursday, November 17, 2016

After Work

Four days into the English Week in my daughter's school, I haven't got chance to join the activities until today. So what is it about the English Week that attracts bookworms like me? Partly, it's the book sale with discounts. Partly, it's the character dress up day when students are encouraged to dress like their favorite book characters. I missed this activity for two years because I happened to be on call in my hospital.

At last, I got the chance to read stories to the children today. I didn't sleep much during my night call, and took half day off this afternoon. This is unusual; I don't usually take half day off after overnight call. Yes, I know - we all know - this is my queer habit. Still, I think it's okay to take a rest once in a while. So I schlepped my bag with two picture story books after lunch, and headed to my daughter's school.

I knew I made the right choice when my daughter rated my story telling as entertaining as the other two invited authors, Mathew Cooper and Blair Reeve.


No comments: