Friday, November 20, 2015

Farewell

I didn't work today.

I went to my daughter's school because it's the parent-teacher interview. The school principal advised us to list any questions that we want to raise. And, keep questions short. I felt that perhaps I should make use of this chance to tell my daughter's teacher one single life event that matters. A lot.

Our domestic helper will leave us after living with us for six years.

Two days later, we will bid her goodbye and I don't think our eyes will be dry at the airport. She has been taking good care of my daughter since her birth. It's been wonderful, until we have to say goodbye.

We have always dreaded the time of eventual separation. This is, quite simply, because we realize how lucky we've been having a trustworthy domestic helper who loves our daughter. This is a gift for which I was - and still am - grateful.

No comments: