Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kid's Diary

I can easily go on my errands after picking up a book at random. That includes kid's story books, like Jeff Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

Don't laugh - unless you're laughing at the story's character Greg Heffley instead of me.

Well, I learned a lot from Grey Heffley, too. His school playground started off the year with all sorts of things, like monkey bars and swings and stuff. But that was a year ago. Then the playground became an empty sawdust pit. It's hard to say how long it takes but Greg was rock-solid certain that the school was having trouble paying the insurance for the playground. Every time there was some kind of accident or injury on a piece of equipment, and imagine, the easiest thing to do was just remove it.

When I read Greg's comment that "people are getting too carried away with all this safety stuff," my "uh-oh" bell rings. The same is true in hospitals that have come up with all those mighty safety measures.

No comments: