Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Travel

You might have been led to believe that holiday trip comes to an end after the arrival of baby. I don't. It's always a comfort to have the same view shared by others. That is the reason I purchased the book Travel With Children from the Lonely Planet shortly after my first trip with Jasmine.

As parents, we're no longer footloose travellers off the beaten track with itchy feet. This isn't to say we have less lovely memories for the family trips. We spent another brilliant week in Taiwan, where I wrote this blog together with my wife painting next to the lake - before my daughter woke up.

Like magic, travelling with kids is highly unpredictable and yet fun. Each morning we ventured out after packing the baby wipes, snacks and loads of plan (okay, and most of them not fulfilled at the end of the day).

Our idea to travel with kid is not to have structure; our sweetheart will suggest her own mileage as she goes along. Instead of checking out every detail of aboriginals at the cultural village yesterday, for instance, we ended up soaking in sunlight and chasing each other in a long stretch of pasture. My daughter's laughter looked like it's fun - and it is. If you come to think that those "must see" items on the travel guide sound irrelevant to a kid, that's because it is.

No comments: