Sunday, April 24, 2011

Story

We adults often have memories of the children books from when we were children ourselves. While it may not be too soon for us to give up reading the Harry Potter series, they're just not as good as those books that were read during our childhood.

On the positive side, we are still drawn to books that have a nostalgic theme. The negative side, of course, may be that we're far behind the latest trend of children's storybooks. I simply worry if I am still as great at reading to my daughter as what I used to.

Gone are the good old days when I had regular story time with my younger sister. I'm sure I need to learn to tell Jasmine stories at bedtime. To brush up, I am reading You Can Write Children's Books. If there was one lesson learned from this book by Tracey Dils, it was this: crafting children's stories is never easier than writing for the adults.

No comments: