Friday, February 25, 2011

Good Morning

I used to work in the hospital till late hours. But not now. To a new father, eager to see his daughter, being at home is the only way to make the day count.

If you thought I'm getting lazy, I would have answered, "Quite the opposite." And I would have added, "If that surprises you, it surprises me, as well."

Lest I be misunderstood, let me make it clear that the longer we stay at workplace doesn't necessarily mean the more we would have accomplished. This is often the case when we keep taking breaks to play Farmville.

The truth is that I'm making better use of the morning hours. Often I need my alarm clock to wake me up. Hey! But then the miracle happens when I get up and start my morning rituals, and one thing leads to another, and eventually, before eight forty-five, I find myself calm and satisfied. By then, I should have had my morning coffee, thumbed through a few pages of medical journals, read my mentor's blog, entered quite a few ticks in my diary's to-do-list.

Now, see, I got time to write a blog this morning.

No comments: